We are not currently hiring at this time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against potential employees on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status.
At any time, we have one full time owner on staff, and several part time assistants to help with sales, marketing, scheduling/ planning classes and workshops, stocking products, and spreading general good cheer throughout the store and community at large.
What we look for in a potential employee:
- We always hire someone who is a frequent customer and knows our store staff and culture.
- Broad general knowledge of art supplies/ we can train you on specifics.
- Positive attitude/ there is enough negativity in the world.
- Attention to detail/ excellent customer service is rooted in getting the details right the first time.
- Work hard, play hard mentality. Work for us, and make sure to get your play on, but don't do it on our time. Texting, phone, and social media use not related to the task at hand isn't cool.
- Accountability/ mistakes happen. Acknowledge them, learn from them, and move on. But always acknowledge that something could have been done better ... and just don't do "that" again. Simple, eh?
- Punctuality/ we operate on Vince Lombardi time: arrive 10 minutes early, if you're on time you're late, if you're consistently late, you probably won't have a job much longer.
Individuals seeking employment are in encouraged to watch New York based artist Tom Sachs' video titled "10 Bullets."
Some other tips if you'd like to work for us/ or anywhere for that matter:
- Comb your hair before you come in and ask for an application.
- Don't wear pajamas or torn jeans when you come in and ask for an application.
- Don't say "this is my first time in here" when you come in and ask for an application.
That pretty much covers it.
On average, The Art Supply Depo receives 40 - 50 donation requests per month for charity, school, and for-profit events.
We use the following criteria to approve a donation request:
- Donation should be for a non-profit cause related to the arts.
- Donation request must be received 30 days prior to event, in writing. The request should be typed on letterhead/ official stationary from the requester and include a Federal Tax ID number.
- Donation request should be made by someone who frequents our store.
- The donation should go directly to the cause to whom we are donating, not to raise funds for another non-profit charity.
Refunds or store credit will be issued for defective products, otherwise, all sales are final.
Please check your personal schedule before registering for workshops and classes. We are unable to offer refunds if you sign up for a class, then can not attend. You are welcome to send a friend/ relative in your place.
Special orders not normally stocked must be pre-paid. We will record your contact information and will call you to confirm the receipt of your order once it has been delivered to us (usually within 5-8 business days). Orders not picked up within 30 days of the order will be discarded.
ARTWORK/ PERSONAL ITEMS
LEFT BEHIND AFTER CLASSES
We offer multiple classes and/ or special events at the Depo every month. At the end of your last class session, please take your artwork and/ or personal items with you. We will do our best to contact you if we know you and know an item is yours. However, all artwork and/ or personal items not picked up within 30 days of your last class session will be discarded. There are no exceptions to this rule.
Thank you for understanding our store policies!